This site is aimed at helping first time buyers as well as experienced diamond jewelry buyers find the best deal on quality diamond rings and jewelry. Although you only need one recommendation we have shortlisted ten websites that we deem to be the highest ranking in terms of value for dollar, efficient delivery systems, and with excellent variety. If you are looking for an engagement ring, diamond cuff links, or perhaps you want an eternity band, or maybe a tennis bracelet you may have heard that it’s cheaper to buy this type of jewelry online. This is correct. It is definitely cheaper to buy diamonds and other precious gems online. The two main concerns tend to be: “Is it safe to buy a diamond online?” and “How do I know exactly what I am getting if I can’t see what I am buying up close?” Here we adress both issues.
Buying A Diamond On The Internet
Which Diamond Sellers Are Reliable?
Making a big ticket purchase like this it is always comforting to know we are dealing with reliable companies. This website is here to provide you with a list of diamond vendors who are able to provide you with high quality diamond jewelry at a considerably lower price than any brick and mortar retailer is able to provide. We show you why this is and what you need to know in order to make the best choices.
What’s The Best Way To Start?
Going through the list of vendors we recommend will give you an idea of what is on offer. Learning the basics about diamonds you will be able to read the Grading Report, so you know what you are getting. If you make sure you buy from dealers who have reports from a recognised laboratory will mean that you can rest assured you are getting a clear idea of the diamond you are buying. We show you which online sellers use the respected laboratories to issue Grading Reports. Getting diamonds which have a report from grading labs from GIA, AGS and EGL are the ones we recommend, particularly in the United States. In Europe HRD is one of the most recognised and respected laboratories.
How To Get The Best Deal
Buying from dealers who do not deal in inferior quality diamonds will guarantee that at least you are starting at the right place. The diamond jewelry websites we recommend all stock high quality diamonds, higher quality than you would find in stock at an average mall jeweler. And at much better prices. Understanding the four basic things about diamonds is the first step to buying a diamond online. We have set up a Diamond Education Page with videos provided by the Gemological Institute of America (GIA) which give you a clear understanding of what the terms mean when you are presented with a diamond’s specifications. Learning what these terms mean gives you an upper hand when browsing a diamond vendor’s website. This way you will be able to guarantee ending up with a beautiful piece of jewelry. You will reduce the risk of ending up with a dud by buying from jewelers that have a good track record. It is not worth trying to save a few $$$ buying from some one man operation only to discover that you only have 7 days in which to return the merchandise. It helps to understand about diamonds when making your selection, which is why I will again recommend checking out our Diamond Education page. Once you understand the terms in use you get a better idea of what you are paying for. As there are four factors which influence the quality of a diamond you will find that two diamonds which have the exact same weight are priced at two completely different levels. Once you have learned about the basics you will see why the two diamonds are priced so differently. You may then find that you are perfectly happy with the lower priced one, or you may be more comfortable selecting the one that is of higher value. All the vendors we recommend insure your order and use a well respected courier.
Contact me for any additional information. The advice provided here is unbiased as my aim is to help you find the best service and the best deal when buying the diamond of your dreams.
Where To Look For Diamond Jewelry
There are several kinds of diamond jewelry websites:
1. Brick and mortar jewelry shops who maintain an online presence
2. Jewelry dealers who sell exclusively online
3. Diamond brokers who fill orders
The list we have compiled includes companies from all three groups as the companies we chose have a proven track record and have shown themselves to be reliable, demonstrated a good understanding of what customers want, and make it easy to choose from a great selection. These companies also understand how little effort is involved for you to go to someone else’s site. As a result they are bending over backwards to give you the best possible service a hassle-free shopping experience. If you are in a hurry and want to receive your order within 2 or 3 days we recommend buying preset rings from either the first or the second type of online diamond jewelry vendor. However the diamond brokers we have on our list have a very streamlined operation and only take a couple days more than jewelers who sell directly. The cost savings could make it worth waiting a couple of days, if you can.
What Kind Of Service To Expect
The difference between buying jewelry on the internet and buying in a retail store is that photos of a diamond will not do the subject justice. Diamonds when seen for real have almost a hypnotic quality, as there is really nothing comparable. This can be to your advantage as you won’t be under it’s “spell” so to speak. The disadvantage is that looking at a photo or diamond grading report may not give you a complete idea of exactly what the diamond looks like. This compromise is worth it since by buying online you will save 25% at the very least, sometimes up to 40% for an equivalent jewelry item at a brick and mortar specialist jeweler. As it is cost effective for jewelers to use the internet to market their inventory many jewelers are taking their stores online. This creates competition and it’s good for us, the consumers, as these jewelers will be doing everything they can to get good reviews by providing their customers with a high level of service. In order to give people some variety we have listed ten websites which we identified as having the highest marks in customer service as well as knowledgeable and helpful staff. The top raking sites have been, and continue to:
- Make it easy to confidently make a large online purchase
- Make the whole process smooth
- Help customers find what they want
- Arrange delivery to fit your schedule
- Make their customers feel comfortable
- Make their customers feel in charge of their ring purchase
- Offer things that other jewelers won’t offer
- Explain everything in clear terms
- Make sure you get the best quality for your budget
- Assist in selecting settings
- Are happy to provide as much education as is needed
- Patiently work with customers through any modifications
- Provide fast responses to questions
- Keep their customers informed and updated
- Are responsive and attentive in addressing any concerns
- Make first time buyers feel comfortable
- Have a distinct priority in maintaining happy customers
- Work within your parameters to get you the best diamond possible
- Respond with detailed information promptly
- Provide you with detailed description of the diamond
- Allow you to view the grading report
- Hassle-free refund policies
- Provide Free Insured Shipping
How To Get The Best Deal When Buying A Cut Diamond Online
- Learn about the 4C’s (see our Diamond Education Page)
- Speak with the vendor on the telephone.
- Ask the vendor to get eyes on the diamond and describe the diamond. These people have seen more diamonds than you could imagine. They will know if the particular diamond you are interested in is good or not.
- Explore the vendor’s website, read through their terms and conditions.
- Inspect the diamond as soon as you receive it.
- Return it for an exchange if it doesn’t match your expectations.
What To Look For When Buying A Diamond Ring (Online or Offline)
- The “Cut” grade is the most important factor.
- You’ll be happiest with diamonds whose grading report says “Excellent Cut” ; or “Ideal Cut”.
- Diamonds which are cut in the shape of “Round Brilliant” (also called round) look best if they have a color grading of D, E, F, G, H, I, or J.
- Fancy cut diamonds is any shape which is not a round brilliant. These look best if they have a color grading of D, E, F, G, H, or I.